I got this idea from here. I pulled one of the rubber ducky suction things from the boys bathtub and turned it upside down so all the suction cups were facing up. Then I gave Seth a bowl full of marbles and my tongs that I cook with. I had him transfer the marbles from the bowl to the suction cups. The goal was to place a marble in each suction cup without knocking another one off. It was difficult work and I definitely need better tongs, but he worked at it and really enjoyed it. Everytime he knocked a marble off or dropped one he would chase it around and say, "I'm gonna get you!" It was so cute. He probably worked on it for 20 or 30 minutes. Then I gave it to Reece without the tongs. He thought it was the greatest game in the world. Everytime he filled up the suction cups he would squeal in delight then take off each marble one at a time and start over. He did it for atleast 30 minutes. Marbles are a choking hazard, so if you do this with your kids make sure you're sitting with them so that they don't put them in their mouth. I had to tell Reece several times that marbles don't go in his mouth. This is a great exercise in manual dexterity.
2 comments:
How cute! I'm glad you had fun with this :) Thanks for visiting my blog!
That is one of the cutest ideas I've ever seen! :-) My daughter is too old, but I'll try to remember it when my newphew gets older...
Post a Comment