I'm a crafting, cooking, homeschooling mom that tries to keep life with 4 crazy little boys under control. Did I just say under control? Right!
Friday, September 12, 2008
Sorting with Colored Noodles
I took this idea from Tutus and Turtles. We colored the pasta with food coloring (put the pasta in a ziploc bag and cover with rubbing alcohol, add food coloring and shake to mix, let sit over night and then take out and drain, spread out on cookie sheet to dry for a few hours) and then used it for a sorting game. I gave Wyatt and Seth their own container and they put it in a pie tin. Then they raced to sort they pasta into the muffin tins. I realized about halfway through that I gave them too much and they were running out of steam. Next time I'll give them less and I want to get them a pair of kid tweezer/tongs to make it more difficult to pick up the pasta. They did have fun at the beginning though enjoying the racing aspect of it. The colored pasta will also be great for craft projects.





Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment